Abrahams had asked the president to submit new representations on why he shouldn’t face 783 charges of fraud, money laundering and racketeering.
Zuma was given until the end of Wednesday to make his submission and the NPA says he lodged representations with the NDPP at around 9pm on Wednesday evening.
The Supreme Court of Appeal set aside the 2009 decision by then prosecutions boss Mokotedi Mpshe to withdraw the criminal case against Zuma.
The effect of the judgment is that charges are automatically reinstated but Abrahams had given the president one last chance to argue why he should not have his day in court.
In a letter sent to Zuma’s attorney last year, Abrahams said that the scope for representations was extremely limited because the courts have rejected those already submitted in 2009.
Abrahams also informed Zuma’s legal team that all of the 218 witnesses listed in the original indictment have confirmed their availability to testify in the matter.
While the president asked for the deadline to be extended until the middle of next month, Abrahams gave him until today and warned that no further extensions would be entertained.
The prosecutions boss has stated in legal correspondence that once he has received the representations, he will communicate the process and timeline he intends to follow to the affected parties.