Johannesburg, get ready for the launch of the Johannesburg Afro-Latin Festival – a vibrant and exciting dance and music event taking place in Braamfontein!
This brand new Johannesburg Afro-Latin Festival aims to be an enlightening and entertaining experience for local and international guests focusing on salsa, bachata, kizomba and Afro-beat initially, loads of workshops, and an exciting rooftop launch party!
The launch will feature:
- 30+ workshops over three days
- Dance, music and general education workshops and seminars
- All flavours of salsa, bachata, kizomba and even Afro-Beat!
- Welcome Party – Friday 16 March
- Official Launch Party – Saturday 17 March
- Pre-party on Thursday 15 March
- After-party on Sunday 18 March
- 1st Olu Olu Coffee Lounge in Africa.
International confirmed artists and educators include:
- Panagiotis & Myrto (Greece)
- Mistura Movement (Netherlands)
- Bircan Tulga (UK/Italy)
- DJ Julian “The Duke” (Colombia/UK)
- Iris De Brito (Angola/UK)
- Julian “Mr M” (Colombia/UK)
- Mutati (Kenya)
- Pili Pili (Spain/Tanzania)
- Prof. Ananya Jahanara Kabir (UK)
- Adrian Pozo (Cuba) and more to come.
South African artists and schools:
- Dance Rejuvenate Company/Afia collective
- BailaAfrika Afro-Latino Dance Family
- Paradiso Academy
- Estilo Cubano
- Africa Heart Dance Passion
- Come Salsa
- AfroMambo Dance Company
- Dance Spirit SA
- HNS Kizomba
- Dance Cafe
- SalsaAddicts JHB
- A Vida Kizomba
- Candela Jozi Dance Company and many more.
The event will also collaborate with Joburg’s famous Neighbourgoods Market and surrounding spots in Braamfontein to create a village environment!
Visit www.afrolatinfestival.co.za for updates on artists and for the full schedule.
Thursday, 15 March 2018 – Sunday, 18 March 2018.
Thirteen Venue, 73 Juta Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
To get your tickets visit, www.afrolatinfestival.co.za.