JOHANNESBURG: Mamelodi Sundowns chairman Patrice Motsepe has instructed the club’s management to finalise Percy Tau’s move to English side Brighton & Hove Albion FC.
In a statement released on the Sundown’s website on Monday, Tau and his agent are said to have approached Motsepe on the matter.
“Percy Tau and his agent came to see him and apologised for disclosing confidential information to the media and for Percy Tau not reporting for training,” says the statement.
This could bring an end to the saga, as reports in the media suggest that the striker did not travel with the Pretoria side to their pre-season training in Rustenburg.
Last week, it was reported that Brighton had offered R50 million for the Bafana Bafana forward with Sundowns holding out for more money while mulling over other possible offers.
Sundowns will play AS Togo Port in the CAF Champions League on 17 July and it remains to be seen whether Tau will make the move away from the Brazilians before they return to action.