CAPE TOWN: The forensic investigator who looked into the rot of VBS Mutual Bank has concluded that the rot in the bank ran too deep to salvage it.
Advocate Terry Motau in his final report said that an amount of R1.8 billion was gratuitously received from VBS by some 53 persons over the period 1 March 2015 to 17 June 2018.
The forensic has recommended that steps be taken to recoup monies lost at the bank from the following people:
1. Vele and its associates + R936 million
2. Tshifhiwa Matodzi = R325 million.
3. Free State Development Corporation = R104 million.
4. Kabelo Matsepe = R35 million.
5. Sipho Malaba R34 million.
6. Phophi Mukhodobwane R30 million.
7. Paul Makhavu = R30 million
8. Robert Madzonga = R30 million.
9. Andile Ramavhunga = R28 million.
10. Solly Maposa = R24 million
11. Ralliom Razwinane = R24 million.
12. Firmanox = R17.4 million
13. The Venda king, Toni Mphephu = R17.7 million.
14. Ndivhuwo Khangale = R16.8 million.
15. Sechaba Serote = R16.6 million.
16. Ernest Nesane = R16.6 million
17. Brian Shivambu = R16 million (Brother of Floyd Shivambu, who is a member of parliament for the Economic Freedom Fighters.)
18. Foxburgh = R15 million.
19. Paul Magula = R14.8 million.
20. Charl Cilliers = R12.6 million
21. Tiisang Private Capital = R12 million.
22. Maanda Manyatshe = R11 million.
23. Sasa Nemabubuni = R9 million.
24. Sabicorp = R8 million.
25. Avashoni Ramikosi = R5.9 million.
26. Takalani Mmbi = R4 million.
27. Phillip Tshililo = R2 million.